Swiss Government Scholarships 2020-2021
Swiss Excellence Scholarship 2021-2022 will start accepting applications from early August 2020, until December 2020. The Swiss Government Excellence Scholarships 2020 is a Fully Funded Scholarship. The Swiss government excellence scholarships for foreign students is open to more than 180 Countries to Study Masters Degree and Ph.D. Degree from highly prestigious Switzerland Universities.
Swiss Government Excellence Scholarship for the academic year 2021 is now open for applications for all international students to avail of a chance to study for free in Switzerland. It must be noted that the Swiss Scholarship is fully funded that covers full tuition fees, monthly stipend payments, room, health insurance, and other student expenses.
Details regarding Swiss Government Scholarships 2020-2021 Fully Funded
- The Swiss Government Excellence Scholarships are aimed at young researchers from abroad who have completed a master’s degree or the people who are foreign artists holding a bachelor’s degree.
- Each year the Swiss scholarship council awards Swiss Government Excellence Scholarships to promote international exchange and research cooperation between Switzerland and over 180 other countries. Recipients are selected by the awarding body, the Federal Commission for Scholarships for International Students (FCS).
- Country Name: Switzerland
- No of Scholarships: 500
- Program:Masters, Ph.D./Postdoc/Research Degree
- Eligible nationality: International
- Total Award: Fully Funded
- Deadline: Varies From Country to Country
Types of scholarship
- The research scholarship is available to post-graduate researchers in any discipline (who hold a master’s degree as a minimum) who are planning to come to Switzerland to pursue research or further studies at doctoral or post-doctoral level.
Research scholarships are awarded for research or study at all Swiss cantonal universities, universities of applied sciences and the two federal institutes of technology. Only candidates nominated by an academic mentor at one of these higher education institutions will be considered.
- Art scholarships are open to art students wishing to pursue an initial master’s degree in Switzerland.
Art scholarships are awarded for study at any Swiss conservatory or university of the arts. This scholarship is available to students from a limited number of countries only.
Swiss Government Scholarships Fully Funded Benefits
The scholarship value includes:
- Research Fund
- Airfare Tickets
- Monthly Stipend (CHF 1,920)
- Free Accommodation (CHF 300 housing allowance)
- Paid Health Insurance
- Full Tuition Fees Waiver
- Housing Allowance
Eligibility Requirements for Swiss Government Scholarships 2020-2021
- Master’s degree or equivalent university degree achieved before 31 July 2020 (degree certificate) recognized by the Swiss university
- Must be born after 31 December 1984.
- Mustn’t have been in Switzerland for more than one year at the beginning of the scholarship in September are not eligible.
- Further, the applicants must provide a letter from an academic host professor (including her/his short CV) at the chosen Swiss university confirming why she/he is willing to supervise and support the research. Without such support, the application will be rejected.
- Applicants must have a research proposal including a timeframe.
- Moreover, they should have command of the necessary language skills required for the research/studies.
- Applicants who have already benefited from a Swiss Government Excellence Scholarship are not eligible to apply for a second scholarship.
- Scholarship holders are expected to move to Switzerland during their grant period
Required Documents for Swiss Government Scholarships 2020-2021
To apply for these This Scholarship, you must:
- Applicants should submit 2 sets of application documents (1 original + 1 copy):1st set of documents contains the original, signed documents plus the letters of recommendation.
2nd set of documents is a copy of the 1st set except for the letters of recommendation.
- Two copies of the applicant’s passport (main page with personal data)
- Medical certificate (use only the FCS health certificate form)
- Copies of certificates and transcripts from previously attended universities/colleges
- Two confidential letters of recommendation (use exclusively the FCS reference form)
- Applicants for doctoral programs: admission letter from the doctoral school
- Letter from an academic host professor (including her/his short CV)
- Research proposal using the FCS research proposal form
- Motivation letter
- CV with a list of academic publications
- FCS application form with photo, (typed, printed and signed)
Selection Criteria for Swiss Government Scholarships 2020-2021
To apply for these fellowships, you must:
- The FCS assesses scholarship applications according to three criteria:a) Candidate profile
b) Quality of the research project or artistic work
c) Synergies and potential for future research cooperation
- Applications are subject to preliminary selection by the relevant national authorities and/or the Swiss diplomatic representation. The short-listed applications are then assessed by the Federal Commission for Scholarships for Foreign Students (FCS), which takes the final decision.
- The FCS is composed of professors from all Swiss public universities. Scholarship awards are decided on the basis of academic and scientific excellence.
Application procedure for Swiss Government Excellence Scholarships 2020-2021
How to apply for Swiss Government Scholarships 2020-2021
Deadline for Swiss Government Scholarships 2020-2021
- The last date to apply for the the Swiss Excellence Scholarships 2020-2021 is Varies From Country to Country.