DIRECTOR OF SECURITY Job 2019
Job Description For DIRECTOR OF SECURITY Job 2019:
A Director of Security directs and coordinates security personal to deliver a safe Guest and Member experience while ensuring compliance with local safety legislation and hotel emergency procedures of Hilton’s newest resort and entertainment complex in Qatar. The Salwa Beach Resort is to become one of the largest resorts in the Middle East. It spreads along a 3.5 km pristine beach front on the southwest coast of Qatar. Managed by Hilton, it will have 362 hotel rooms and residential units with private beaches, a world-class leisure and water park, sports club, marina, dive center, health club, spa, restaurants, cinemas and retail space. The resort is scheduled to open in 2020 and can be found on Google and YouTube under its working title ‘Salwa Beach Resort’.
What will I be doing?
As a Director of Security, you are responsible for directing and coordinating the activities of security personnel, facilitating security training, and organizing patrolling of the property to deliver a safe Guest and Member experience. A Director of Security will also be required to ensure that hotel is in compliance with all local safety regulations and is conversant with hotel emergency procedures. Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
• Maintain good communication and work relationships in all areas of the hotel
• Liaise with government and law enforcement agencies as necessary
• Coordinate additional personnel for Conference and Banqueting functions
• Organised patrolling of all boundary areas, bedrooms, offices, storage areas, public areas, and function rooms
• Assist the hotel in complying with Local Fire Safety Legislation
• Assist the hotel with Local Safety Legislation to ensure compliance of the security department
• Knowledge of the codes of practice for P.A.C.E.
• Ensure tours are carried out for the purpose of fire prevention, safe means of escape, and security
• Inquire as necessary into and report upon any thefts within the hotel using your discretion in connection with any of these matters that you deem should be reported to the police
• Direct and coordinate the activities of all security personnel, engage in the implementation of safety and security procedures for the department, and provide assistance and advice to other departments in relation to security
• Prepare incident reports
• Plan, deliver and facilitate regular staff awareness training
• Be fully conversant of company terrorist procedures and convey to staff
• Be fully conversant with hotel Fire and Emergency procedures
• Responsible for management of key control within all departments
Desired Candidate Profile
What are we looking for?
A Director of Security serving Hilton brands is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
• Organised and systematic approach to problem solving
• Security industry experience
• SIA trained and licensed
• Ability to listen and respond to demanding guest needs
• Good leadership, interpersonal and communication skills
• Accountable and resilient
• Committed to delivering high levels of customer service
• Ability to work under pressure
• Flexibility to respond to a range of different work situations
• Good grooming standards
• Arabic Speaking is a must
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
• Previous experience in same or similar role
• First Aid
• IT proficiency
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands . Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!