Eastern Mediterranean University Turkey Scholarship 2020
Applications are invited from International undergraduate students for Undergraduate admission Fully Funded Scholarship at Eastern Mediterranean University Turkey for the 2020/2021 academic session. This scholarship only covers tuition for the regular duration of the academic program.
About Eastern Mediterranean University Turkey Scholarship 2020
- With its highly developed infrastructure, prominent academic staff members, 17,500 students from 110 and 1,100 academics from 35 different countries, quality programs in English, the opportunity of learning a second foreign language, student exchange programs, rich sports, social and cultural activity opportunities, international accreditations, an international teaching context, and a diploma recognised throughout the world, EMU prepares its students for their international careers by educating them in becoming creative and competitive individuals with entrepreneurial skills.
- EMU has been offering quality education through 108 undergraduate and school programs and 96 postgraduate and doctoral degree programs provided by 12 faculties, 5 schools and Foreign Languages and English Preparatory School.
Details regarding Eastern Mediterranean University Turkey Scholarship 2020
- Country Name: Turkey
- University Name:Eastern Mediterranean University, Turkey
- Program: Undergraduate
- Total Award: Fully Funded
- Subject Eligibility: Various courses offered at the University
- Country/Candidate Eligibility: International students
- Deadline: November 15, 2020
Eastern Mediterranean University Turkey Scholarship 2020 Benefits
The scholarship value includes:
- For undergraduate applicants that have shown high performance in their home country in the university entrance system. Only 2 best students among applicants from each country may receive this scholarship in each academic year. All scholarship applications will be evaluated
latest by 15 June(due to Covid-19 Pandemic the deadline will be decided later) for the upcoming academic year. If any prospective students who have been granted a 100% Tuition Fee Waiver does not register in the Fall Semester, applications for the Spring Semester will be collected. The deadline for these 100% Tuition Fee Waivers is 15 November.
- Criteria for each country’s educational system and international standardized test results will be considered based on the list approved by the EMU Board of Trustees.
- This scholarship only covers tuition for the regular duration of the academic program.
- You may send your application letter and supporting documents through https://io.emu.edu.tr/en/students/prospective-students/scholarships
latest by 15 June for the Fall semester(due to Covid-19 Pandemic the deadline will be decided later) or 15 November for the Spring semester.
Eligibility Criteria for Eastern Mediterranean University Turkey Scholarship 2020
To apply for these fellowships, you must:
- Students studying at undergraduate and associate degree programs who have taken the normal course load and who have been awarded a ‘High Honor’ degree in their respective programs following the attainment of a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 3.50 and a CGPA of 3.00 and above are considered as a candidate for “High Honor Award” in line with the principles below and on the condition that they register for the following semester:
- On the condition that the aforesaid GPA and CGPA average requirements are met within each faculty or school, the first ten top ranking students are granted the “High Honor Award”.The High Honor Award is awarded as follows;
- The highest ranking student/s is/are awarded three times of the valid gross minimum wage,
- The student/s ranking the second is/are awarded double gross minimum wage valid at the time,
- The student/s ranking the third and further are awarded one gross minimum wage valid at the time.
The said ranking is obtained at the end of the second semester after the grade point averages of the students of the relevant faculty or school have been ranked from the highest to the lowest. In the event of having students with equal grade point averages (GPA), the student with a higher Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) is ranked higher.
International Student Scholarship System
A large portion of our international students are on 50% and 25% scholarships. During the online application to the academic programs the students indicate that they wish to be considered, the decisions are made based on the academic performance of the candidate and academic program applied. The EMU admission decision will indicate if the student will receive a partial tuition waiver.
There are some full scholarships at the undergraduate level and PhD level. These are very competitive. The PhD scholarship applications are made during the online graduate application. The undergraduate full scholarship applications are considered by a scholarship committee 30 days before the beginning of the semester for scholarships of type 7 and 60 days before the beginning of the semester for scholarships of type 3 The student needs to have admission to the program that they have applied to in order to be considered.
For postgraduate programs scholarship please visit Postgraduate Programs Scholarship Opportunities
(based on article 3 of the EMU Regulation)
For undergraduate applicants that are in the top 1% among the secondary school graduates in their home country. All scholarship applications will be evaluated at the beginning of August. This is a very competitive scholarship. Criteria for each country’s educational system and international standardized test results will be considered based on the list approved by the EMU Board of Trustees.
This scholarship covers tuition for the regular duration of the academic program, free accommodation in a double room and 3 meals a day. You may send your application letter and supporting documents through https://io.emu.edu.tr/en/students/prospective-students/scholarships
latest by 15 June for the Fall semester (due to Covid-19 Pandemic the deadline will be decided later)
- EMU grants this type of scholarship only for September intakes.
- Late %100 scholarship applications cannot be considered.
EMU offers sports grants for exceptional performance in individual or team sports. The grant covers full or partial education from the tuition fee and/or accommodation fee of EMU dormitories. The scope of the grant, duration and conditions are regulated by the principles for “Eastern Mediterranean University Sports Grants Application” specified by the University Executive Board and approved by the Board of Trustees.
Student Assistant ship
Student assistantship positions exist in various faculties and administrative departments in the university. They are open to all students. A student must have a GPA above 2.0. Vacancies for these positions are usually announced at the beginning of each semester. The monthly stipend is based on hourly rates.
Research Assistant ship
Every semester each faculty allocates a number of research assistant positions to graduate students. A full-time research assistant gets exemption from tuition fees as well as a salary. Part-time research assistantships are also available. Scholarships granted to research assistants who have been enrolled in one of the postgraduate programs in EMU are regulated by “Regulation for Research Assistant Appointment and Postgraduate Scholarship Application” prepared by Senate and approved by Board of Trustees.
Discounts for Eastern Mediterranean University Scholarship 2020 in Turkey
Siblings who study at EMU undergraduate or associate degree programs receive a discount of 25% for each of the first two siblings who meet the specified criteria. Further siblings receive a 75% discount in their tuition fees. Students who have been enrolled in a post-graduate program and, at the same time, who do not receive any discounts and/or support for their tuition fees from the University can benefit from a 10% discount for siblings.
TRNC Government Scholarship
Successful students are also entitled to apply for scholarships for the Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus (TRNC) scholarships through TRNC consular missions abroad (http://mfa.gov.ct.tr/consular-info/missions-abroad/) or Republic of Turkey consular missions abroad (http://www.mfa.gov.tr).
Information on the TRNC Government Scholarship:
The Application form to be filled for the TRNC Government Scholarship:
EMU Scholarship Regulations
For all the scholarship application regulations please visit Rules and Regulations
Eligibility and Selection Criteria for Eastern Mediterranean University Turkey Scholarship 2020
Candidates are expected to posses the following eligibility criteria for the Undergraduate Admission Scholarships at Eastern Mediterranean University;
- Candidates must be international students;
- Students admitted into a undergraduate degree program;
- The award is available for undergraduate courses offer at the University.
- Students enrolling full time in the Honours program in the semester for which the scholarship is awarded.
- Applicants must have a high school certificate or equivalent.
- Applicants must hold an offer for a full-time program at Eastern Mediterranean University, Turkey.
- English Language Requirement: Applicants are required to provide evidence of meeting the Eastern Mediterranean University’s minimum English language proficiency requirements.
How to apply for Eastern Mediterranean University Turkey Scholarship 2020 Fully Funded
Deadline for Eastern Mediterranean University Turkey Scholarship 2020
- The last date to apply for the Eastern Mediterranean University Turkey Scholarship 2020 is November 15, 202.