Griffith University International Australia Scholarships 2021
600 Griffith University International Scholarships 2021, Australia (Funded), Masters and PhD from 2nd top Australian University. 2 Year for Master, 3 Year for Doctoral.
Griffith University International Australia Scholarships 2021 About
- The Griffith University International Postgraduate Research Scholarship (GUIPRS) is available during the University’s annual PhD and research degree scholarship application round. The GUIPRS covers tuition fees for the applicant for up to three years for doctoral candidates and up to two years for research masters candidates. In addition, the scholarship covers Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) for the applicant and any dependant/s for the duration of the scholarship.
- Research candidates are required to hold a visa for their program length plus an additional eight months to allow for interactive thesis marking. Candidates undertaking a Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) will require 57 months of overseas health cover.
- Holders of Griffith University scholarships will receive cover (if undertaking a PhD) for the first 42 months of their program and will be required to pay the remaining 15 months (and provide evidence of coverage) at the time of accepting their offer.
Details regarding Griffith University International Australia Scholarships 2021
- Country Name: Australia
- University Name:Griffith University Australia
- Scholarship Level: Masters, Doctoral (Ph.D.)
- Deadline: 15th Sept 2020
Griffith University International Australia Scholarships 2021 Duration
- The GUIPRS is a full fee paying scholarship and matches the value of the fees charged by the enrolment Element.
- The GUIPRS may be held for up to two years for a research masters program and up to three years for a doctoral program. A six month extension may be granted to doctoral candidates in certain circumstances.
Griffith University International Australia Scholarships 2021 2021 UK Benefits
The scholarship value includes:
- (1) Fee Offset
The fee offset provided by the GUIPRS removes the liability of the awardee to pay program
tuition fees for the tenure of the award.
- (2) Overseas Student Health Cover
The award includes the cost of a standard Overseas Student Health Cover policy which covers
the candidate and dependents (if any) for up to 42 months
Eligibility Criteria for Griffith University International Australia Scholarships 2021
To apply for these fellowships, you must:
- (1)To be eligible for a GUIPRS, an applicant must:
a. not be a domestic student, as defined as being a student who is an Australian citizen;
or an Australian permanent resident or holder of an Australian Permanent
Humanitarian visa; or a New Zealand citizen; and
b. be commencing or enrolled in a HDR program (for which GUIPRS support is
available) at Griffith University.
- (2) A GUIPRS will not be awarded to a candidate who is in receipt of an equivalent award or
scholarship from the Commonwealth Government designed to offset HDR program tuition
Selection process for Griffith University International Australia Scholarships 2021
- Awardees are ranked and selected on the basis of academic merit, research potential and
the quality of the research training environment in which the research project will be
undertaken, taking into account the University’s strategic priorities. The selection process
and criteria are as set out in Sections 5 and 6 of the Higher Degree Research Scholarship
- Applications for research scholarships as part of the Annual Scholarship Round at Griffith University are firstly processed within the Griffith Graduate Research School (GGRS). It is at this point that applications are initially reviewed for eligibility for entry into Griffith PhD and research programs.
- Following this initial review, applications are then forwarded to the appropriate schools, departments or research centres for academic staff to assess applications for both entry into Griffith PhD and research programs, and for consideration for a scholarship. All applications are then assessed by the Dean (Research) of the relevant Group and the Dean, Griffith Graduate Research School, to arrive at an outcome against the selection criteria.
- Academic merit, with emphasis on the results attained in the qualification with the substantial research component but also taking into account the grades of any other eligible qualification, as applicable
- The international standing of the institution at which the qualification with the substantial research component was completed.
- Research background, including the quality of the eligible research outputs included as evidence in an application, as well as the applicant’s contribution to these outputs; and the level and duration of sustained research experience and evidence of how the research activity undertaken bears upon and enhances the applicant’s research capacity, with regard to the proposed research
- The compatibility/fit of the proposed research with university/academic group research priorities, and
- The compatibility/fit between the applicant, research environment, and supervision.Applications that are recognised as meeting the selection criteria requirements for scholarship consideration are then assessed and ranked in an order of merit, in the proposed host school, department, research centre, and academic group. The order of merit is based on the Higher Degree Research Scholarship Policy and takes into consideration:
- The University’s Higher Degree Research Scholarship Ranking Committee meets to establish a university-wide Order of Merit List. Through this process,scholarships are awarded to the highest ranking applicants in this university-wide Order of Merit.
Scholarships fields Griffith University International Australia Scholarships 2021
- Architecture, construction, and planning
- Business and government
- Criminology and law
- Engineering, IT and aviation
- Humanities, languages and social science
- Medicine, dentistry, and health
- Music and performing arts
- Science and environment
- Visual and creative arts
Griffith University International Australia Scholarships 2021
How to apply for Griffith University International Australia Scholarships 2021
- New applicants must follow the process for submitting an online application for a higher degree by research program, which also includes a section for scholarship application. You can access the online application here.
- Current research candidates or applicants with a current offer (not yet commenced) are required to follow a different process for submitting a scholarship application. Details can be found here.
- Applicants may only apply a maximum of two times in a five year period for consideration in the scholarship ranking and selection process.
Deadline for Griffith University International Australia Scholarships 2021
- The last date to apply for the Griffith University International Australia Scholarships 2021 2021 2021 is 15th Sept 2020
- For information on scholarship round opening and closing dates, see Key Dates.