Senior Mechanical Engineer Job In Dubai 2019
1. Scope of Responsibilities For Senior Mechanical Engineer Job In Dubai 2019
PMC Senior Mechanical(static) Engineer reports to the Lead Mechanical Engineer, co-ordinates with Client(Owner) and will be responsible for the management of Mechanical(rotating) Engineering on the project. Assume responsibility to assist Lead Mechanical Engineer to carry out Mechanical static
equipment design and provide necessary technical information to the other disciplines during the project. The Senior Mechanical Engineer(Static) is overall responsible for the required technical performance of Mechanical Static Equipment Engineering Design to meet project objectives.
2. Primary Duties for Senior Mechanical Engineer Job In Dubai 2019
- · Provide technical expertise on all engineering subject matter pertaining to Mechanical (Static)engineering and design
- · Review, approve, guide and supervise the detail engineering work of the EPC Contractors and ensure compliance of Project Specification, Design Basis, Codes & Standards, Company Standards, and Local Regulations.
- · Ensure EPCC Contractor carry out their engineering and design within the project schedule and in compliance with all engineering requirements.
- · Coordinate monitor and handle Mechanical(static) engineering with EPC contractor as per project expectation and complete the same within the time frame
- · Work with other discipline engineers within PMC, EPC contractor, and Petro-China Engineering / Operation / Site to resolve technical issues.
- · Perform regular and timely technical reviews of Mechanical(Static) engineering deliverables developed by EPC contractor, ensuring design quality in compliance with relevant codes, standards, and best practices
- · Ensure integration of overall Mechanical(Static) engineering within engineering deliverables
- · Review and respond to the technical queries or deviation raised by the EPC Contractors.
- · Advise PMT and Client (Owner) on the resolution of key technical issues and specifications.
- · Must have participated in HAZOP & other safety reviews for the Owner on large refinery/gas project and take ownership to closeout all action items related to Mechanical(Static) Engineering as a result of HAZOP and other safety reviews.
- · Proactively identify and mitigate technical risks during EPC stage. Consult with PEM and Client and arrange for peer reviews and/or third party verification/studies as required.
- · Prepare/Supervise the preparation of Mechanical(Static) Engineering reports and philosophies as part of the design.
- · Ensure the successful execution of the PMC activities
- · Ensure the quality system of the project is executed in accordance with the contract.
- · Manage functional and contractual interfaces.
- · Manage EPC Contractors and Vendors.
- · Daily interface and receive all instructions from the Client’s representatives.
- · Represent Client in all required project elements and activities
- · Attend to resolve or to provide a recommendation on major issues related to the project as required by the Client or the Ministry.
- · Use the best efforts to settle disputes among the FEED/EPC Contractors, vendors and Client.
- · Monitor all key project performance indices against objectives.
- · Interact with Quality Assurance for quality issues and strictly ensure compliance with Company’s ISO Quality procedures. Coordinate Internal and Client audit requests, facilitate audit procedures of engineering systems within the project
- · Interface and provide clarification and guidance and technical support to the construction site and commissioning team
- · Review and approval of EPC Contractor’s work and ensure compliance with the project specifications, relevant codes and standards, and best industry practices
- · Participate in design reviews, and technical workshops • Provide technical assistance and coordination with other discipline engineers
- · Coordinate technical reviews and bid evaluation and performance evaluation
- · Depth and breadth of Mechanical(Static) engineering knowledge and the advent of new technology: engineering design, safety in design, inter-disciplinary interfaces, installation experience •
- · Problem solving: working independently in specialist areas, optimization of systems, specification or fitness for purpose and standardization and tender evaluation, review of key drawings, troubleshooting and de bottle-necking of existing facilities, assisting the client to establish design parameters, planning and directing multi-disciplinary input.
- · Familiarity in the use of discipline software
- · Establish an efficient and effective interface between Project management team, Client (Owner), Contractor and vendors.
3. Minimum Requirement For Senior Mechanical Engineer Job In Dubai 2019
- · Bachelors or Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering from a reputed University
- · Minimum 12 years of relevant design experience in upstream onshore Oil and Gas projects.
- · Proficiency in handling Gas Processing projects
- · He/she shall have proven ability in assisting a high caliber Mechanical Engineering group to review the work of EPC CONTRACTOR