Senior Mechanical Inspector Job 2019:
Job Description Senior Mechanical Inspector Job 2019:
We are seeking to hire a Senior Mechanical Inspector who will be reporting to the Discipline Engineer or Resident Engineer. The Inspector will be responsible for overseeing all mechanical inspections of the project. He/She will be responsible for site inspection, surveillance and testing of site activities to ensure compliance with the Construction Document and standards. Working closely with the senior Mechanical Engineer, the Mechanical Inspector must record and supervise all the activities carried out by the Contractor.
• Review project contract documents and monitoring construction activities to ensure compliance.
• Monitor all mechanical installations to assure adherence to construction documents and applicable codes requirements.
• Conduct Material Inspection as per approved material submittal
• Verify equipment settings, alignment and testing requirements.
• Ensure Contractors’ compliance with contract specifications and approved shop drawings.
• Provide general inspection on all Contractor and Sub-Contractor work to assure a safe and workman-like operation.
• Monitor and report contractor progress and all activities
• Review and monitor variations to the work to mitigate time and cost impacts for any required changes
• Liaise with the Senior Discipline Engineer and other Engineers and Managers to provide support and guidance as required
• Monitor safety aspects when dealing with the installations
• Maintain registers of all submittals and testing
• Maintain full site records, including daily site diaries, contractor’s manpower and equipment daily resources in an approved format, and formal daily progress photography.
Desired Candidate Profile
•Minimum Bachelor degree in Mechanical Engineering. In addition, membership of recognized professional institution is preferred.
•Minimum 15 years of related experience on Building and Construction projects including significant experience in prestigious and architecturally challenging building projects.
•Excellent knowledge of applicable materials and mechanical installations
•Ability to read and completely understand contract documents is required.
Ability to perform quantity take-offs and measure quality in the field. Extensive knowledge International codes and standards related to mechanical construction.
•Excellent communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal. Ability to properly document installation of work and contractor’s performance.
•Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Word and Excel.