Silesian University of Technology Poland Scholarships 2020
The Silesian University of Technology offers fully funded 100 Plus PhD Scholarships within the Joint Doctoral School. PhD Scholarship at the Silesian University of Technology School aims to promote and implement research areas defined in the University development strategy. Ph.D. studies prepare students to achieve a high degree of knowledge and expertise in a scientific discipline.
The Silesian University of Technology organizes its PhD studies within the Joint Doctoral School. The School aims to promote and implement research areas defined in the University development strategy. PhD studies prepare students to achieve a high degree of specialization and expertise in a scientific discipline.
The Joint Doctoral School offers interdisciplinary education covering a wide range of scientific disciplines (Topics of PhD thesis). Duration of a PhD program is 4 years with full-time enrolment. Each PhD student receives a scholarship without charging for tuition.
Details regarding Silesian University of Technology Poland Scholarships 2020
- Scholarship Country: Poland
- University: The Silesian University of Technology
- Scholarship Level: Phd Programs
- Eligible Countries: International
- Deadline: 03 September 2020
Silesian University of Technology Poland Scholarships 2020 UK Benefits
The scholarship value includes:
- Totally Education free
- Monthly Stipend,
- Living Allowance
Silesian University of Technology Poland Scholarships 2020 Fields/Majors
- ARCHITECTURE AND URBAN PLANNING
- AUTOMATION, ELECTRONICS AND ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING
- TECHNICAL INFORMATICS AND TELECOMMUNICATIONS
- BIOMEDICAL ENGINEERING
- CHEMICAL ENGINEERING
- CIVIL ENGINEERING AND TRANSPORT
- MATERIAL ENGINEERING
- MECHANICAL ENGINEERING
- ENVIRONMENTAL ENGINEERING, MINING AND POWER ENGINEERING
- CHEMICAL SCIENCES
- MANAGEMENT AND QUALITY SCIENCES
Eligibility Criteria for Silesian University of Technology Poland Scholarships 2020
To apply for these fellowships, you must:
The call for admission is open in the following scientific disciplines:
- Architecture and Urban planning
- Automation, Electronic and Electrical Engineering
- Technical IT and telecommunication
- Biomedical Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering and Transport
- Materials Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Environmental, Mining and Energy Engineering
- Chemical Studies
- Management and Quality Studies
Call for admission to PhD program is open to students of any citizenship and age who obtained a Master’s degree level or other equivalent academic qualification of second cycle level awarded by a foreign university and granting access to PhD studies. International qualifications will be assessed by the Examination Board during the selection and evaluation procedure and will be declared equivalent (or not) to a Polish second level degree – Master Degree.
A person who is a graduate of first level university Degree studies or a student who has completed the third year of uniform master’s studies may also be admitted to the Join Doctoral School, if:
- on the basis of the documents submitted by the candidate, the Central Enrolment Commission confirms that the candidate has particularly high academic achievements in the field of the related discipline in which the The Join Doctoral School is run,
- on the basis of the interview conducted with the candidate, the Central Enrolment Commission confirms that the candidate has extensive knowledge in the field of scientific research methodology and the dissemination of results of scientific activities.
At the same time you can be a student of only one Join Doctoral School
The enrolment is carried out electronically by DreamApply system.
Candidates submit the required documents to the Main Office of the Join Doctoral School within the time specified in the Calendar of the enrolment. The Central Enrolment Commission will take the Entrance examinations (oral) only with candidates who have submitted a set of documents.
Admission to the Join Doctoral School is based on the results of the competitive examination within the number of places in the School. The ranking list is established on the basis of the number of points gained by individual candidates.
Candidates are qualified depending on the place on the ranking list up to the number of places and one person for each announced research topic.
The Central Enrolment Commission define the minimum number of points that candidates must gain during the entire enrolment process. The number of points is the same for all recruitments in this year enrolment.
The admission to the Joint Doctoral School takes place by registration on the list of PhD students. The negative result of admission to the Joint Doctoral School requires an administrative decision. From the decision of the negative result of admission you may submit the request for reconsideration of the case within fourteen days of the decision delivery.
Detailed rules and procedure for candidates for the Joint Doctoral School
- The maximum number of points possible to gain by the candidate is 100.
- The entrance examination will be taken in English.
- The entrance examination consists of two parts:
1) a multimedia presentation of the candidate, lasting no more than 15 minutes, including the presentation of:
a) the candidate’s profile,
b) the results of current scientific work (including the scope of the Master Degree thesis),
c) the candidate’s interest in the selected research discipline,
d) motivation of the candidate to take education at the Joint Doctoral School,
2) questions asked by the Examination Board regarding in particular the content of the presentation presented by the candidate and aimed at checking the substantive preparation of the candidate to take education in the Joint Doctoral School in a selected thematic area.
- The knowledge of English at least at B2 level of the European Language Description System will be evaluated during the entrance examinations. If the candidate submits document confirming knowledge of English at least at B2 level of the European Language Description System – the candidate is awarded the maximum number of points for knowledge of English.
- Only the scientific achievements of the 5 previous years before enrolment to the Joint Doctoral School are evaluated.
- Achievements only in a given or related discipline in which the Join Doctoral School is run are evaluated.
- The following criteria will be included in evaluation of the achievements of the candidate:
1) in case of scientific achievements:
a) scientific monograph or scientific publication:
– type and form,
– author’s percentage contribution of the work,
– the number of points in the list of publications or in the list of scientific journals and peer-reviewed materials from international conferences, prepared according to the art. 267 paragraph 2 item 2 of the Act,
– innovation in the subject of scientific research covered by a scientific monograph or scientific paper,
b) research project:
– role in it,
– period of participation,
– number of scientific papers, scientific monographs, chapters in a scientific monograph or scientific articles, appliances of practical results of scientific research or development works, or implementations of results of scientific activities resulting from participation in the project,
– prestige of the Program, in which the project was financed,
– innovation and importance of the project for the development of science,
c) science conference:
– it’s range,
– number of participants,
– number of represented institutions,
– number of speakers with at least PhD,
– innovation of scientific research being the subject of a scientific paper,
– status of the organizer,
– it’s range,
– obtained place,
– the percentage share in the creation of the achievement for which the award was received or the team distinction,
– the number of participants, including the number of teams,
– status of the organizer,
e) applications of practical results of scientific research or development works, including patent applications, granted patents or implementation of results of scientific activities in a different form – the number of these applications,
f) activity in scientific circles and organizations:
– role in it,
– period of participation,
– participation in the competitions,
– innovation of the project for the development of science.
– innovation in the subject of scientific researches, covered by the activity of a scientific circles or organizations.
- The scientific achievements of the candidate will be documented in writing, in the form of:
1) pages of a scientific monograph or scientific journal, which contains the author’s or authors first or last name , title of the scientific monograph or scientific article, name of publication house, place of publication, month and year of publication, ISBN, elSBN, ISSN, elSSN or DOI,
2) statements by the first author or author of a corresponding scientific monograph, a chapter in a scientific monograph or a scientific article on candidate’s percentage contribution to a scientific monograph, a chapter in a scientific monograph or a scientific article – in the case of being coauthor,
3) statements of the research project manager which contains an information about the number, source of funding, duration and purpose of the project, the role played by the candidate in the project and the scope of tasks carried out by him, and about the effects of the project,
4) scientific conference program or post-conference material which contains the names of the speakers and the names of represented institutions,
5) candidate’s statement about authorship and delivering a scientific paper,
6) diploma or other document confirming the award or distinction in the competition,
7) statements of the team leader or statements of team members about candidate’s the percentage share in the creation of achievement – in the case of a team award,
8) confirmation of the patent application, patent grant or implementation of the results of scientific activity in another form,
9) obtained a minister’s scholarship for outstanding achievements.
- The maximum number of points, that a candidate may receive as part of individual evaluation elements is specified in the table.
I The entrance examination, including: 60 1 A multimedia presentation of the candidate 10 2 The candidate’s interest in the selected research discipline and motivations od the candidate to take education in the |Join Doctoral School, based on the evaluation of the promoter selected by the candidate 30 3 Substantive preparation to take education in The Joint Doctoral School in a selected thematic area 10 4 The knowledge of English at least at B2 level of the European Language Description System 10 II Documented scientific achievements of the candidate, including: 40 1 Authorship or co-authorship of a scientific monograph 10 2 Authorship or co-authorship of a chapter of a scientific monograph 5 3 Authorship or co-authorship of a scientific article published in a scientific journal or reviewed materials from an international conference 5 4 Participation in a research project 5 5 Authorship and presentation of a scientific paper at a national or international scientific conference 2 6 Receiving an individual award or distinctions or a significant contribution of the achievement for which the prize was received or team distinction in a nationwide or international competition 7 7 Practical appliance of the results of scientific research or development works, including a patent application, granted patent or implementation of the results of scientific activity in another form 5 8 Obtained a minister’s scholarship for outstanding achievements 40 9 Activity in scientific circles or organizations
Selection process for Silesian University of Technology Poland Scholarships 2020
The selection of PhD candidates to the Joint Doctoral School involves a competitive examination.
Call for admission to PhD programme is open to students of all ages and nationality who obtained a second level University degree (Master level). International qualifications will be assessed by the Examination Board during the selection and evaluation procedure and will be declared equivalent (or not) to a Polish second level degree – Master Degree.
Equivalence of international qualifications
Before your application can be assessed for admission, your international qualifications must be declared equivalent to an Polish degree. If the outcome of the assessment is positive, your application will be evaluated for the admission to a PhD programme. Results of this assessment will be send to you by e-mail.
Required documents for Silesian University of Technology Poland Scholarships 2020
(submitted in electronic form due to on-line platform DreamApply)
1. Candidate’s personal form, completed in the electronic system, which includes candidate’s photograph, first names and last name, date and place of birth, PESEL number (or in case lack of PESEL number – name and number of document confirming the identity and the country name, which emitted it, sex, the address, correspondent address, e-mail address, contact number, the nationality, and in case of foreigner – name of the birth country and information of possessing the Polish Card.
2. Current photograph of the candidate in accordance with the requirements applicable when issuing identity cards.
3. A color scan of the diploma of completion of the second-degree or uniform MA studies, or other equivalent academic qualification of second cycle level awarded by a foreign university and granting access to PhD studies, with the Supplement in English.
4. Documents confirming knowledge of English at least at B2 level of the European Language Description System (optional*)
5. Initial concept of the doctoral dissertation, prepared in accordance with the model available LINK
6. Motivation letter presenting the motivation of the candidate to undertake education at the doctoral school, and the subject area of the doctoral dissertation.
7. A statement of the supervisor chosen by the candidate to undertake scientific supervising for the preparation of PhD thesis (given by the supervisor),
8. Documents confirming the candidate’s scientific achievements: scientific publications, delivering a scientific paper at a scientific conference, participation in research projects, activity in scientific circles and organizations, obtained patents and patent applications, awards and distinctions.
9. A declaration on the lack of contraindications to undertake education, in which there are harmful factors, in accordance with the formula specified available LINK
10. A statement about the status of a candidate at another doctoral school, in accordance with the formula set out LINK
Documents issued outside the Republic of Poland should be legalized or signed with an apostille.
All the documents (beside personal form) have to be submitted (in the paper form) to the Main Office of the Join Doctoral School within the time specified in the Calendar of the enrolment. Foreign candidates submit the documents in paper form after admission to the Joint Doctoral School.
* If the scan of the diploma of completion of the second-degree or uniform MA studies do not confirm the knowledge of English at least at B2 level of the European Language Description System, the candidate may submit additionally
- a scan of a different diploma that confirms the knowledge of English at that level or
- a scan of a certificate that confirms the knowledge of English at that level.
In case of lack of these documents, the knowledge of English will be assessed by interview in this language.
Certification of documents will be confirm by The Central Enrolment Commission based on the original or excerpt submitted for review.
Deadline for Silesian University of Technology Poland Scholarships 2020
- The last date to apply for the Denmark Government Scholarships Danish Government Scholarships 2021 is 03 September 2020
Calendar of enrolment procedure and entrance examinations
|29.06.2020 (12:00, CET)||Starting of the electronic enrolment procedure.|
|03.09.2020 (23:59, CET)||Deadline for enrolment procedure.
Deadline for delivery of the required documents.
Closure of electronic enrolment system.
|04.09.2020 – 08.09.2020||Assessment of qualifications and delivered documents.|
|09.09.2020 – 24.09.2020||Entrance examinations (oral).
Assembling of paper version of required documents in the Main Office of the Joint Doctoral School.
|28.09.2020 (12:00, CET)||Final ranking list of PhD students admitted to the Joint Doctoral School.|
How to apply for Silesian University of Technology Poland Scholarships 2020
On-line application guidelines
- You have to submit your application within the online platform https://apply.polsl.pl/.
- Before you start read carefully what documents you will need to upload (section “Required documents”).
- If you apply for the very first time, you must register into the University portal: create your applicant account using button „Become an applicant”.
- Sign-in providing your secret applicant code.
- Find interesting research topic and make the on-line registration procedure.
- Upload all required documents. In case of international qualifications: you will need to submit electronic/scanned copies of the original (or certified true copies) of your documentation: Bachelor’s and Master’s Degrees, Bachelor’s and Master’s transcripts and any other documents such as the Diploma Supplement.
- Contact the chosen supervisor to discuss details of the PhD project and to get a statement of taking up the scientific supervision over the PhD thesis.
- If you have any technical problem with the application please contact the HELP AND SUPPORT Service by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to Online Apply for Silesian University of Technology Poland Scholarships 2020